25 Jan 2023
Calling all #FansThatRock. Win a share of R19 000!
Dress up, show us and WIN
The Fans That Rock competition set to light up the 2023 FNB Varsity Cup and FNB Varsity Shield once again.
With fans back in full force, 2023 sees a return to the full-capacity and in-stadium vibe that makes the Varsity Cup and Varsity Shield competitions the most entertaining university experience.
This year we continue the search for the biggest, most loyal fans through the Fans That Rock competition with a share of R19 000 up for grabs across both tournaments. UPDATE: as of 23 March we will be giving away ten x R100 Uber Eats vouchers per week to random entrants who didn't win the cash prize until the end of the tournaments courtesy of FNB Connect.
We invite passionate Varsity Cup fans to dress up, show up and join us for the party atmosphere on campusses across South Africa!
1. Entry mechanism
For the FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition:
Follow @varsitycupSA on Instagram or @varsitycup on Twitter, Facebook and TikTok.
Share your best images taken at any FNB Varsity Cup game or campus activation along with the FNB Fans That Rock in-stadium posters carried by the promoters, or simply show us why you are the Fan That Rocks. Alternatively, share your best selfie and show us why YOU are the Fan That Rocks.
Tag @varsitycupSA on Instagram, @varsitycup on Twitter, @varsitycup Facebook or @varsitycup on TikTok.
Include the hashtag #FansThatRock along with your image.
The FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition begins on 20 February 2023 and ends on 17 April 2023 at midnight. Weekly winners will be selected and notified on the Friday of each game week.
For the FNB Varsity Shield Fans That Rock competition:
Follow @varsityshield on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok or @varsitycup on Facebook.
Share your best images taken at any FNB Varsity Shield game or campus activation along with the FNB Fans That Rock in-stadium posters carried by the promoters. Alternatively, share your best selfie and show us why YOU are the Fan That Rocks.
Tag @varsityshield on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok and @varsitycup on Facebook.
Include the hashtag #FansThatRock along with your image
The FNB Varsity Shield Fans That Rock competition begins on 16 February 2023 and ends on 13 April 2023 at midnight. Weekly winners will be selected and notified on the Monday of each game week.
R1,000 to one selected winner for every week of the FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition.
R1,000 to one selected winner for every week of the FNB Varsity Shield Fans that Rock competition
The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered.
3. The promoter is: FNB Varsity Cup.
4. The competition is open to residents of South Africa except for employees of FNB Varsity Cup and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
6. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
7. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://varsitycup.co.za.
8. Entrants may submit their entries via the Varsity Cup and Varsity Shield Instagram and Twitter accounts.
9. Entrants may submit multiple entries during the course of the FNB Varsity Cup and FNB Varsity Shield competitions.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. Winners will be chosen by the FNB Varsity Cup and the winning images will be selected from those that best capture the spirit and vibe of the FNB Varsity Cup and FNB Varsity Shield tournaments.
14. Winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Instagram. If the weekly winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Winners' names will be available by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.