With fans back, 2022 will see a return to the in-stadium vibe that made the FNB Varsity Cup the ultimate university experience.
This year we are searching for the biggest, most loyal fans through the Fans That Rock competition.
1. Entry mechanism
For the FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition:
Follow @varsitycupSA on Instagram or @varsitycup on Twitter, Facebook and TikTok.
Share your best images taken in front of the university-specific Fans That Rock banner walls or at an FNB Varsity Cup game along with the FNB Fans That Rock in-stadium posters carried by the promoters, or simply show us why you are the Fan That Rocks. Alternatively, share your best selfie and show us why YOU are the Fan That Rocks.
Tag @varsitycupSA on Instagram, @varsitycup on Twitter, @varsitycup Facebook or @varsitycup on TikTok.
Include the hashtag #FansThatRock along with your image.
The FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition begins on 14 February 2022 and ends on 25 April 2022 at midnight. Weekly winners will be selected and notified on the Friday of each game week.
For the FNB Varsity Shield Fans That Rock competition:
Follow @varsityshield on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok or @varsitycup on Facebook.
Share your best images taken in front of the Fans That Rock banner wall or at an FNB Varsity Shield game along with the FNB Fans That Rock in-stadium posters carried by the promoters. Alternatively, share your best selfie and show us why YOU are the Fan That Rocks.
Tag @varsityshield on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok and @varsitycup on Facebook.
Include the hashtag #FansThatRock along with your image
The FNB Varsity Shield Fans That Rock competition begins on 4 March and ends on 22 April at midnight. Weekly winners will be selected and notified on the Wednesday of each game week.
2. The prizes are as follows:
R1,000 to one selected winner for every week of the FNB Varsity Cup Fans That Rock competition. One social media entrant will also be selected to take part in the Kick For Cash competition at the following round's 7pm broadcast fixture where they can win an additional R1,000 for hitting the crossbar. Should nobody hit the crossbar, the prize rolls over to the next round.
R1,000 to one selected winner for every week of the FNB Varsity Shield Fans that Rock competition
The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered.
3. The promoter is: FNB Varsity Cup.
4. The competition is open to residents of South Africa except for employees of FNB Varsity Cup and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
6. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
7. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://varsitycup.co.za.
8. Entrants may submit their entries via the Varsity Cup and Varsity Shield Instagram and Twitter accounts.
9. Entrants may submit multiple entries during the course of the FNB Varsity Cup and FNB Varsity Shield competitions.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. Winners will be chosen by the FNB Varsity Cup and the winning images will be selected from those that best capture the spirit and vibe of the FNB Varsity Cup and FNB Varsity Shield tournaments.
14. Winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Instagram. If the weekly winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Winners' names will be available by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network. You are providing your information to FNB Varsity Cup and not to any other party.
22. FNB Varsity Cup’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
23. FNB Varsity Cup shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
24. FNB Varsity Cup also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.